It’s that time of the year when a record number of holidaymakers head out of the country to choice destinations for their summer vacation. For many, this period is a perfect time to take a break from work stress, spend time with loved ones and visit different tourist attractions. Generally, as many people aim to have unhindered fun during their vacation, the last thing they plan for is anything going wrong.
However, the possibility of things going wrong even with the most meticulously planned trips still stands. Flights can get cancelled; luggage/belongings can get lost or delayed and medical emergencies can occur. Does your vacation plan factor in these unexpected vacation moments? Travel Insurance is a quick and inexpensive way to protect your family and your finances so you can enjoy your vacation stress free. Amid the excitement of planning a vacation, leaving out plans for a travel insurance policy as a way of ensuring that your vacation is not completely ruined due to unexpected circumstances means your plans are incomplete and here’s why;
- Medical emergencies occur even on vacation:Getting ill or injured while you are away from home on vacation can be a devastating experience. Being in the middle of a medical emergency does not only interrupt your well laid out travel plans, but can also cause you emotional stress. Apart from the complicated process of contacting a foreign doctor that would assist you right away, the financial implication of dealing with a medical emergency does not come cheap. So, except you have a solid and well-planned yearlong universal insurance coverage, it doesn’t hurt to include a travel insurance policy in your vacation planning. This becomes even more crucial if you are travelling with the young ones.
- Travel disruptions are inevitable:One of the common hitches experienced during international travel is flight cancellation and delay. [i]According to global flight statistics, over 1,500 flights are delayed and 15,000 cancelled daily. Factors which go beyond your control such as unfavourable weather conditions and mechanical failure can occur and delay your departure time. These delays and cancellations can lead to unplanned additional expenses especially where your vacation itinerary has been prepaid and reserved. The additional cost of staying overnight in a city far away from home can be upsetting. This is why you need travel insurance to cover you for financial loss as a result of this unplanned situation.
- Your personal belongings need protection: While on vacation, your safety should be a top priority. Many tourist attractions have been known to be hot spots for pickpockets and thieves. Since you may be in an unfamiliar location, it is wise to protect your expensive gadgets, money and other personal belongings with travel insurance. Having a travel insurance policy will not only give you peace of mind that you need for a truly enjoyable vacation but will protect you from the financial cost of such loss.
- Baggage gets lost or delayed at airports:One of the most discomforting experiences during your vacation is losing your luggage in transit. What many people fail to realise is that the airline does not reimburse them on the spot if they lose their baggage. Also, with increasing airport clogging and escalating baggage volumes, your luggage may be delayed. Having a Travel insurance policy will save you any extra cost that may accompany this inconvenience. Your insurance policy covers your luggage whether lost, stolen or damaged and you will be reimbursed for any stolen personal items.
- You will be covered if an accident occurs:Travel insurance also covers you for personal accidents and third-party liability while you are on holiday. If you are involved in an accident, the personal liability element of the travel insurance policy will protect you from spending to repair the property accidentally damaged. The injured person or the owner of the property you accidentally damaged could make a claim against you which could run into unplanned expenses.
In the face of these numerous vacation-ruining risks, Leadway Travel Insurance policy has got you covered. The Leadway Travel Insurance protects you in event of unforeseen circumstances (even up to when you lose your priceless debit card) while travelling outside the country of residence. It provides you with cover during holiday and business travels in the event of accidents, sickness or loss of property. It is a full package insurance policy that fulfils the needs of the travelling public and immigration authorities of foreign countries.
Travelers of up to 70 years of age are covered under this policy and it can also extend to 85 year olds. The premium payable for this policy is a function of your desired destination and duration of stay. With the Leadway Travel Insurance you can travel and enjoy your vacation knowing that you are covered for the following:
- Medical Assistance covering expenses, emergencies & repatriation.
- Loss or theft of personal belongings and money.
- Trip cancellation or curtailments.
- Delayed or missed departure.
- Personal Accident / Liability.
Leadway Travel Insurance is accepted on any global destination of your choice and in all 26 Schengen Countries namely: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
So, do the right thing and complete your holiday plans by buying the Leadway Travel Insurance. For more information on the Leadway Travel Insurance, and other enquiries on the various Leadway insurance policies, please call Leadway Assurance on our customer care lines (01) 2800700, (01)2800701 and 08129997020 or send an email to Lcs@leadway.com for more details.
[i] “FlightStats Global Cancellations and Delays”, flightstats.com, 2018